ArborTech Tree services offers a full range of Plant Health Care Programs. Plant Health Care has been around for years but unfortunately many homeowners aren't familiar with it. As a Certified Arborist, I spend a lot of time talking to people about their trees and shrubs. One "quick" question often leads to a multitude of questions from homeowners about their landscapes. My education and 20+ years of experience is the reason our conversations last longer than a minute. I can walk through a property and name almost every tree and shrub as well as tell you what insect or disease it has or may have in the future. However, when people ask me questions about their lawns, I refer them to a lawn care specialist.
When discussing treatments for trees and shrubs, I often hear people sheepishly admit that "so-and-so comes and sprays but I don't know exactly what for". I get it, so here are some of the reasons why it's important to work with someone specialized in caring for your trees & shrubs:
A good Plant Health Care program is built on a system of invigorating plants to strengthen their natural resources and defenses. Plant Health Care is not just pest management, it's plant management. What does that mean?
Plant Health Care involves routine monitoring, preventive treatment and a strong working relationship between the arborist and the property owner. A couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Pesticides and fertilizers are not the "go-to" for treating all of your plants healthcare needs
- Plants already make their own food which is why we focus on enriching the soil: Healthy soil = Healthy plants
- Monitoring and record keeping are key components that allow the Technician to make proactive decisions based on a changing/growing environment. Did the treatment work? What was/wasn't effective?
One of the things that makes ArborTech Tree Services an exceptional Plant Health Care provider is that we are true specialists. We know your plants, we know what's wrong with them and we know how to make them better. If we believe the cost of a cure is greater than the value of the tree or shrub, we may recommend replacing it.
Do you find yourself asking the following questions:
- Am I happy with the way my trees and shrubs look?
- Am I confident in the people that are caring for them?
If the answer to either of these questions is "NO", then give ArborTech a call at (413) 525-0060 or contact us to schedule a free assessment of your landscape's trees and shrubs.